As the benefits of CBD oil are getting widely known, it is not surprising that pet owners give CBD oil to their pets; cats and dogs to provide them relief from joint pain and other chronic disease and ailments. However, do you know Pet CBD oil is beneficial for your senior dogs also? Thanks to its nutritional profile, this medicinal herb is quickly becoming a big hit in the senior dog community. Let’s understand how cbd oil for pets India can help senior dogs with aging-related issues:
1. CBD has the potential to improve brain health: CBD has been shown to support normal cellular function and promote healthy ageing by providing mitochondrial support. Furthermore, CBD is being researched for its apparent antipsychotic, anti-nausea, anticonvulsant, and anti-inflammatory properties. In simple language, the presence of anti-inflammatory benefits helps your pet’s brain and ageing.
2. Help them get relief from chronic pain, particularly joint pain: Giving your senior dogs effective supplements for pain management is important to maintain their quality of life. This pain could be the result of an injury, surgery, arthritis, or any other chronic progressive disease. CBD’s cannabinoid has been shown to be effective for pain relief. It controls the production of anandamide. An increase in this chemical in the body is linked to a significant reduction in pain sensations in the pet’s brain. CBD oil naturally reduces inflammation throughout the body. The same endocannabinoid receptors that relieve anxiety also target areas of the body that are in pain due to inflammation, damaged nerves, or injury. While it is not a cure for all joint problems, it can help dogs feel better and stay active by reducing inflammation caused by worn-down cartilage.
3. Aids in the Treatment of anxiety in Dogs: A dog’s life may not appear to be stressful, but many puppies suffer from various types of situational and behavioural anxiety. CBD oil works with the body’s endocannabinoid system to help it balance emotions.
4. It Improves appetite and prevents Nausea: A healthy ageing dog requires food and nutrients, and a good diet is especially important when that dog is battling a serious illness. They require food to give their bodies the energy to fight back. A healthy diet is essential for extending the life of an ageing dog. It is critical to get the right nutrients into the body in order to gain strength, especially when fighting a serious illness. However, many medical conditions suppress appetite. Dogs become weaker and more vulnerable as a result. When they are unable to eat, they become weak and more vulnerable to the effects of their illness. CBD oil helps to counteract this effect by stimulating the appetite in your dog’s body. Whether the dog is unable to eat due to nausea or general exhaustion, CBD oil stimulates the sensation of hunger.
5. CBD oil allows your pet to get a good night’s sleep: For various reasons, your pets may struggle to get a good night’s sleep. This lack of sleep could be caused by inflammation, injuries, or the recovery from a serious illness. Chronic pain can also make your pet angry, agitated, and moody. CBD oil for dogs has been shown to aid in sleep of dogs. A good night’s sleep helps dogs’ immune systems. It also lowers blood pressure and lowers the risk of infections, stroke, and diabetes.
So we are saying,
There are numerous testimonials about the positive effects CBD supplements have had on people’s pets. Owners of older animals suffering from chronic pain support the use of CBD-based products for pets. They notice an improvement in their pet’s comfort and mobility when they use CBD products. CBD oil is widely used to relieve pain in your pet; something that is very normal in old age and helps to promote overall well-being in your dog. There is still a lot scientists don’t know, but preliminary human studies show promising potential. More studies focusing on CBD oil for dogs are currently being conducted, and dog owners and veterinarians are eagerly awaiting the results to learn just how far CBD oil can take veterinary medicine in the future.
Is it safe to be given to your pets?
The first concern people have about giving CBD oil to their pets is exposing them to potential cannabis toxins. While marijuana is commonly associated with the cannabis plant, hemp-derived products are very much safe. These products are not psychoactive, which means they will not get you (or your dog) high. CBD oil derived from hemp, on the other hand, is cannabis that contains less than 0.3% THC. CBD oil has all of the therapeutic properties of cannabis without the mind-altering effects of THC.